Discover this fantastic wine tour in Burgundy by Wine me Up
Our partner who is reallky passionate man, propose to discover burgundy through its heritage and culture, wine experience, human meeting, and wonderful local food!
We are vey pleased to present a long stay in Burgundy, for the first time you cantake your time, enjoye vineyard and wine tasting, moment of relaxation, good restaurant, luxury hotel but charming and cosy in the same.
Everything is gathered to make you discover a rich and friendly region because of our expert on this destination.
Juts for you an example of your day with our expert on Burgundy destination
Day 4 : “Côte de nuit” and Romanée Conti
- Morning : meet your private English driver at your hotel and departure for « La Côte de Nuits ».Stop in the vineyard of Romanée Conti in Vosne Romanée. You will visit with your Guide the Château du clos de Vougeot : As early as the twelfth century the monks of Cîteaux had begun cultivating vines, selecting varieties and continually improving ways of pruning and growing them. They had to erect the kind of buildings which the huge extent of their lands required. The first was a place to house the vats with four monumental winepresses.Then the partly underground cellar was built. In 1551, Dom Loisier, the 48th Abbot of Cîteaux decided to add to the existing buildings a large country house, a château amid the vines whose splendor would be in tune with the sobriety of the original buildings. Since 1949, the Château of the Clos de Vougeot has been a listed monument
- Visit a family cheese maker with cheese tasting. You will make a stop off at a cheesemakers established in 1946, observing the cheese making process from the selection of milk to ripening, casting and curing. We will end our tour with a tasting of five cheeses accompanied by a glass of Pinot rouge.
- Cellar visit and wine tasting in Gevrey-Chambertin at Philippe Leclerc (5 reds). Philippe’s wines are never fined or filtered. Philippe is such a perfectionist, he’s always busy reaching for that next rung of quality – never completely satisfied with his efforts. There is always something new with which to experiment, but I know he is much, much too hard on himself.
- Lunch : 6 Grands Crus Lunch tasting at Le Comte Senard (included !!!!) Domaine Comte Senard invites you to discover their exceptional wines from the Corton Hill.
- The professional sommeliers will welcome you and would be delighted to share with guests their passion for wine. They will help you discover our prestigious red wine collection, as well as several white wines. Over the years, the acquisition of prestigious appellations such as Corton Clos Du Roi, Corton Bressandes and Corton Paulands has increased the prestige and high reputation of the Comte Senard Estate.
- This choice, carefully thought over and discussed among our family, has allowed us to offer an incomparable selection of the best wines, spread over 22 acres of prime vineyards. Aged in the Estate’s cellars built in the 14th Century by Benedictine monks from the Abbey de Sainte Marguerite, our wines offer the guarantee of high quality.
- An enthusiastic believer of initial cold-soaking and temperature control during fermentation process since 1988, Philippe Senard passionately defends these wine-making methods which provide the Corton and Aloxe Corton appellations all the qualities necessary for good ageing.
- Since the year 2000, Lorraine has followed on from her father. Her first white wine vinification was with the 2002 vintage and the 2005 vintage for the red. Lorraine’s approach is very much inspired from the previous generations’ respect in keeping the Corton spirit alive : deep robe, red fruit aromas, finesse and powerful. Traditionnal Menu bourguignon will be served
- Back in Beaune around 3.30pm. Enjoy your stay at l’Hostellerie el Cèdre 5*- Diner at leisure
Book this fantastic trip in Burgundy on
Just remenber , a travel is fantastic when it share, with the locals, with your guide, with yourself. This travel is a little bit to long to describe, but just know that between wine tasting, food and human experience you won’t regret it for sure !